Fire Damaged West Hills Home
The attic in this West Hills house was finished into a playroom for the homeowner's children. Not using code nor a qualified electrician, sparking in the electrical wiring resulted in fire damage. We contained the upstairs area from the remainder of the house to prevent smoke particulates and odors from circulating to them. Our FST technicians set up several hydroxyl generators to make the air cleaner and safer during the demolition process. The airborne dust and debris were captured by a HEPA filtered air scrubber. After drying out the now gutted fire-damaged areas, we thermal fogged the entire attic crawlspace and this room to eliminate any lingering odors. The After Photo illustrates why our client was so pleased with the outcome. Our SERVPRO team coordinated the restoration and repair work with our customer since the insurance did not cover the unlicensed work done to this remodeled attic space. We stayed on schedule and budget.