In Winnetka, Seven Places Where Mold Remediation Could Be Needed
SERVPRO Offers Mold Remediation to Your Home in Winnetka
Mold remediation in Winnetka is the outcome when too much water or moisture contacts a food source offering mold spores opportunities to colonize into a problem. Though mold growth is less of an issue in this part of southern California, it is still an economically impactful occurrence. Especially if water damage has transpired on the property. SERVPRO points out that if left untreated, mold proliferation can lead to material damage to the structure and possible health risks to the residents. Diligently inspecting the hot spots for mold growth can mitigate the chances of having to call SERVPRO for mold removal and sanitization of your property.
1. Bathroom. It is easy for mold to thrive in your bathroom because this is a region of the property where a high amount of moisture is produced. Mold can grow in several places within the bathroom setting, including the ceilings, walls, shower curtains, wet towels, toilet, and sink.
2. Kitchen. Tiny leaks behind the fridge in the ice-maker water line, near the dishwasher with temperature variations, and under the sink can create the moist environment necessary for mold to grow.
3. Basement. Basements with flood damage, missing waterproof membranes, foundation cracks, and poor grading are subject to mold infestation requiring mold remediation. The added factor of darkness and lack of sunlight offers mold spores all three conducive conditions for rapid mold prolifertion: food source, moisture, and darkness.
4. Windows. Poor seals allow moisture and condensation on window panes if relative humidity (RH) is too high inside the structure. Molds can thrive near the edges of wood or metal-framed windows. The condensation will typically accumulate on the frames and sills of your windows. When left unchecked, mold can start to grow.
5. Attic. Substandard insulation allows higher temperatures that will raise the RH. Attics that have roof leaks, poor ventilation, or drain tile issues are susceptible to undetected mold growth.
6. Carpet. Exposure to moisture from leaks, overflowing water from plants, floor cracks, or floods. Quick suction action may prevent discarding of the carpet and padding.
7. Laundry Room. Washing machine leaks from supply lines or the drainage line are common. Periodically replace these. A clothes dryer with clogged filters from lint will not dissipate the heat properly causing poor drying time, wasted electricity and higher ambient RH.
Call SERVPRO For Winnetka Mold Remediation Services. A large mold infestation must be dealt with safely by wearing protective clothing and gear. Containment is crucial to prevent the spores from circulating throughout the structure. We utilize specialized industrial grade equipment such as negative air pressure machines, dehumidifiers, air movers, air scrubbers, and fogging machines. The result is no musty odor and a sanitized, safe home. The SERVPRO professional technicians are corporate trained, and also, acquire IICRC certification in many aspects of cleaning and mold removal techniques. Call us for a complimentary mold inspection.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills?
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold in Winnetka. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We are proud to also serve the communities of Canoga Park and Bell Canyon with 24/7 service. Call us. (818) 998-1500