Canoga Park Water Damage--Call An Expert for Advice and Help
SERVPRO'S Expertise Can Salvage Your Water Damaged Canoga Park Home
No matter what caused it, you have Water Damage in your Canoga Park structure. That means many things, but for you, it means this is the time to call a company that specializes in residential water damage restoration. There are some tasks you can do, but some of the most critical matters need the attention of a trained, experienced crew that does this every day.
Tasks that must completed quickly can be listed along with the skill sets needed and you can determine what you can do and what needs the professional attention to detail available with a phone call to SERVPRO.
1. Since water can move everywhere, within your home, the technician has to inspect everywhere. This includes all crawlspaces, attics, closets, storage areas and behind, under and above suspicious areas. Special equipment, designed to locate water and moisture have to be utilized to find this liquid in between walls. Some devices are moisture meters, hygrometers for relative humidity, and infrared imaging cameras. This inspection must locate any damage done by water and molds and to find hidden moisture pockets.
2. Submersible pumps may have to be used for the standing water in places such as the basement or crawlspaces. After that, powerful wet vacuums must be used to remove any more water from the carpets, throw rugs and inside the walls where this water has accessed. Mops and buckets are always at the ready.
3. Industry grade air movers are placed to get air circulating and increase the rate of evaporation to enhance the drying process. Dehumidifiersare necessary to help the following actions by drying the air and contributing to elimination moisture.
4. Did you check with your insurance agent to see if you are covered by this water damaging event? Don't assume you are.
5. The building materials that may have to be discarded, such as porous drywall and ceiling tile, must be wrapped and disposed of in designated places around the city that accept this type of contaminated materials. SERVPRO can provide a report--the CCIS--that inventories salvageable and non-salvageable items and materials.
6. The cleaning, after removal of the water and any evidence of mold growth, must be complete and thorough to help prevent re-contamination and getting your house back to a clean and sanitary condition.
7. Restoration means to make the house look like it did before all of this damage occurred. This might mean replacing drywall and finishing it professionally. It can also mean doing some painting on walls, ceilings, baseboards or woodwork. Whatever it takes to restore your water damaged home to its pre-loss condition, SERVPRO has the training, expertise, and equipment to accomplish the work to your satisfaction.
If you encounter water damage in your Canoga Park home and you do not feel you are up to the job, call SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills at (818) 998-1500 for an inspection and a rapid resolution of your problems.