My Property has Fire Damage. How Do I Handle It?
Contact SERVPRO Technicians in West Hills for an Effective Fire Damage Restoration
Dealing with a fire's aftermath can be overwhelming if you do not have the right skills and equipment. If you do not conduct the restoration process quickly, the soot and smoke residues left behind can worsen matters. Therefore, it is essential to act fast by engaging with professionals from a reliable company like SERVPRO to minimize the damage in your West Hills property.
What does a reliable restoration company do?
Our primary objective is to reduce the risk of further damage and salvage as much property as possible. Our experienced technicians can perform fire damage restoration in your West Hills home. We can also work with your insurance company to help streamline the claims process.
How do you handle the different kinds of fire damage?
Our highly trained restorers can assess the damage and provide you with an overview of the affected surfaces and items. We can also identify salvageable items and those damaged beyond repair. Here is how we deal with different types of fire damage:
- Complex fire: When natural and synthetic items in your property have burned, they produce black smoke residues that settle on contents and surfaces. The valuables also cause synthetic smoke odors in the house. Our technicians perform emergency corrosion mitigation to protect the surfaces.
- Protein fire: When food rich in protein burns in the oven or stove, it leaves behind a persisting odor and smoke residues on surfaces. Since the residues are oily, SERVPRO technicians can use concentrated wood oil soap to clean soot from wooden surfaces.
What should I expect during the restoration process?
Fire can damage various surfaces of your property. Each surface may need a specialized cleaning technique. In some extreme cases, the fire damage may not be visible if it occurred behind walls. We take the following steps to restore homes.
- Thorough inspection: Our technicians inspect a property to determine the intensity of the damage. Once we complete our initial assessment, our technicians can explain the restoration process.
- Stop further damage: Our technicians can remove your valuable items from the affected property to prevent additional damage. We can repack your dishes in clean newsprint. If the firefighters used water to combat the flames, we could use light wands to extract the carpet's water.
- Clean up: Fire and smoke residues react with different surfaces, especially when mixed with water. Our technicians can use various advanced cleaning agents and hi-tech equipment to salvage your flooring, furniture, and other valuable items. We can use a glass cleaner to clean soot from your window glass and Formica surfaces.
If a fire has ruined your property, contact SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills at (818) 998-1500. We can handle the fire loss effectively to make it "Like it never even happened."
More about West Hills.