Why Call for Skilled Assistance after Storms Rage Through the Canoga Park Region?
SERVPRO Meticulously Executes Stormwater Removal, Leaving No Stone Unturned, to Restore Your Canoga Park Property to Pre-Loss Condition
Originally a town by the name of Owensmouth, Canoga Park got its start amidst San Fernando Valley barley fields. This settlement was founded back in 1912 and later became Canoga Park in 1931. Little did everyone know that this was the first step into turning this small portion of farmland into rapidly growing suburbia.
For many decades, the location of Owensmouth/Canoga Park is what kept it from becoming developed. Additionally, many of the landholders wanted to ensure that the land was preserved for mainly agricultural use throughout the area. Even while suburban settlements like Burbank and Calabasas took hold, ranches along with fields of orchards and wheat prevailed.
When the first decade of the 20th Century came to a close, the climate changed, and along with it came the popularity of automobiles and electric railways. This was when everything started moving fast, thus putting Canoga Park on the map with population and business growth.
Canoga Park, CA, Today
Nestled amidst the stunning western region of the San Fernando Valley, Canoga Park is a unique and diverse neighborhood. Taking a look at the landscape, you will find a broad range of ranch-style, modest homes with a few developments, condos, and living communities. The town boasts a variety of affordable restaurants catering to many tastes, including everything from Vietnamese or Italian cuisine to Mexican, Thai, burgers, bakeries, and more.
Some of the top restaurants located within Canoga Park include:
- Dog Haus: Situated on Topanga Canyon Boulevard, this is a locally owned and operated eatery offering the best burgers and hot dogs in the area. Locals and travelers alike will enjoy this restaurant for the fast-paced ordering, outdoor seating, and takeout.
- Broad Street Oyster Company: If you are looking for delectable seafood, this restaurant on Pacific Coast Highway is a stellar choice. You cannot only hire this team for catering, but you will also have a menu loaded with just about any seafood concoction you can imagine.
- New York Chicken & Gyro: When you are craving halal or Mediterranean cuisine, then New York Chicken & Gyro on Topanga Canyon Boulevard is a must. This establishment is family owned and operated, including options for takeout, delivery, and plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy the local climate.
- Oi Asian Fusion: This Filipino Asian fusion restaurant destination can be found on Canoga Ave. The menu overflows with everything from their famous Dynamite Fries to the must-try Oi Burger.
Must-See Shopping and Attractions Around Canoga Park, CA
Each city is unique when it comes to hidden gems and sightseeing options, with Canoga Park being no exception. Not only is the landscape stunning throughout the region, but it is also ripe with great places to browse and shop when you are in the area. Some of the top sites to see when exploring the town include:
- Westfield Topanga & The Village: This is an upscale shopping destination known for its inviting, clean ambiance. Whether you are looking to catch a movie, check out exciting shops, or have a bite to eat, there is something here for everyone.
- Sherman Way: Known as the "main street" in Canoga Park, this historic downtown area remains the community's hub. Here, you will find social and cultural offerings, vibrant businesses, antique shops, restaurants, live entertainment, and more. This street is also where you will find the Walk of Hearts, which includes beautiful bronze hearts that have been melded into the sidewalk as a way to offer recognition to local teachers.
- Canoga Park Chamber of Commerce: Established back in 1912, this is one of the oldest chambers within Los Angeles. This local Chamber of Commerce has worked through the years to ensure the ideals and quality of life for the residents and businesses alike are well tended-to.
Canoga Park, CA, Weather and Climate History
As with many areas throughout the beautiful state of California, many people like to visit or move to Canoga Park for the incredible climate. This is a region that sees an average of 200 to 375 hours of sunshine each month throughout the calendar year. The temperatures range from mild to moderate, with some hotter months in the year. Taking a look at precipitation, there is an average of less than eight rainy days each month. However, there is a history of severe storms in the area that bring on flooding and substantial storm damage. Whenever a storm brings significant rain and wind, it is vital for all local businesses and homeowners alike to have ample means for cleanup and stormwater removal. This is where skilled restoration technicians can help with rapid action, fast extraction, and detailed cleaning and sanitizing.
Why Look to SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills for Removal of Water After a Storm?
Not Only Can Canoga Park, CA, Residents Count on Rapid Stormwater Removal, but SERVPRO Also Implements Industry-Proven Drying Methods for Best Results
Nobody expects that a storm will leave their interior with immense flooding and the potential for costly damage. However, being prepared will reduce the blow, which means having skilled cleanup technicians to handle the job. SERVPRO can come to your Canoga Park property to assess the water, taking the time to test for contamination. This allows us the best path to proceed with careful cleanup and drying methods to ensure everything is, "Like it never even happened."
When called for rapid stormwater removal in Canoga Park, we utilize commercial-grade extractors and pumps to pull out as much standing water as possible. From there, we use different techniques to ensure relative humidity gets restored to normal levels and no hidden moisture pockets get left behind.
- We calibrate our meters and sensors to the materials, such as drywall and wood, to measure for moisture.
- Extraction may take multiple passes, but our crews work to minimize the impact of secondary damage, taking the time to adjust as we go.
- All tools get selected based on several factors, such as the moisture present and the space affected within your home.
For prompt, reliable results when you require stormwater removal, count on the skilled technicians at SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills. With one call to (818) 998-1500, we send out a team to begin extraction and drying so that your interior gets back to preloss condition faster.