Need Assistance During Fire Damage Restoration?
SERVPRO Restores West Hills Properties and Facilitates Residents in Other Ways
Anyone looking for an easygoing neighborhood in Los Angeles should consider West Hills, which perfectly fits the bill. It is renowned for its numerous coffee shops and parks. A significant percentage of its 40,000 residents are retirees.
The area where the neighborhood sits was home to the Chumash-Venturaño and Tongva-Fernandeño Native American tribes. Native Americans are believed to have occupied the region for over 8,000 years. In the late 1700s and early 1800s, the area was under Mexican rule after Mexico gained independence from Spain.
Top Landmarks in West Hills
As already indicated, parks are a crucial feature in the West Hills neighborhood. Therefore, it should not seem unusual that a number are considered landmarks and have been awarded the Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument status, which guarantees their protection. These landmarks include:
- Orcutt Ranch- The estate comprises the 1920 Adobe residence of William Warren Orcutt, a Union Oil Company executive. In addition to the mansion, it also has citrus orchards and gardens. Currently, the park is known as the Orcutt Ranch Horticulture Center and offers various services, including self-guided strolls, scheduled house tours, and annual public citrus harvests. It is also a favorite location for weddings.
- Shadow Ranch- It was initially known as the workman ranch owned by Alfred Workman, a muleskinner and emigrant from Australia. He bought the land in 1869 and later built a house for his family by adding to an existing adobe. Workman imported eucalyptus trees from his native Australia to plant in his ranch. It is rumored that all eucalyptus trees in California came from the Workman ranch. Currently, it features lighted basketball courts, soccer and football fields, picnic tables, and community rooms.
- El Escorpión Park- The three-acre park is located in Simi Hills. Its main attraction is the El Escorpión Peak, which serves as a landmark and offers fascinating views of the valley. It is a perfect location for walks, hiking, or biking.
The neighborhood is famous for its unique coffee shops. Apart from Starbucks and other popular coffee shops, alternative shops have unique offerings.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, situated on Platt Avenue. They offer a variety of well-made beverages, including ice-blended types.
- Sago Boba Shop located on Topanga Canyon is highly rated for custom drinks, flavors, and combos. Apart from coffee, they also have various other beverages on their menu.
- Crave Cafe, located on Vanowen Street, offers a variety of refreshments and meals
SERVPRO Helps Facilitate Fire Damage Restoration in West Hills
A fire incident not only ruins your home but also introduces an array of challenges. For instance, it is impossible to stay in the damaged house awaiting renovation because of the strong odor and the health risks posed by fire residues.
SERVPRO helps in many ways when a fire razes property. Our principal service is the restoration of the structure and affected valuables. However, we can also help occupants deal with the loss more conveniently. Some of the main steps include:
- Boarding up the property to seal openings such as shattered windows
- Setting up barriers to isolate some sections of the property to limit the spread of residues or odor
- Pre-cleaning utility areas such as kitchens and bathrooms to make the property habitable before complete restoration
SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills has extensive experience dealing with fire damage restoration. Call us at (818) 998-1500.