How Do I Clean Up After Widespread Water Loss in a Canoga Park High School?
Malfunctioning sprinkler systems can cause significant water damage. Should your system malfunction, call SERVPRO for fast remediation.
When fire suppression systems get tied into the main water supply, a breach in these lines can leave substantial water damage to overcome.
There are many potential causes for a fire suppression system failure, such as breaking off one of the sprinkler heads or a misinterpreted signal in the system of your Canoga Park high school. Once water is coming from this system and tied into your primary water line servicing the building, you could contend with an endless flow of water until you shut down the water supply to this system.
Because this plumbing network gets piped throughout the entire structure, many areas could require water restoration in your Canoga Park school. Our team of professionals works to provide complete mitigation solutions beginning as soon as we arrive, including extraction and drying efforts. In the earliest stages of the water loss incident, it is also possible for those within the school to reduce overall losses with some fast actions.
What Can I Do to Help the Situation Before SERVPRO Arrives?
There are a few simple steps that you can take before help arrives when it is safe to do so. There are situations where water damages can overwhelm the building too quickly to complete any of these tasks safely, and in these circumstances, it is best to vacate the premises. Safety should always be paramount in water emergencies, but when possible, here are a few steps that you can take:
- Shut off the water – Often, there is a ball valve attached to the primary feed line for the sprinkler system. Stopping water flow can prevent even more pooling and standing water concerns throughout the school's damaged areas.
- Identify the affected areas – Depending on the incorrect code or the physical damage to the suppression system, the water concerns might not be in every school area. Identifying the problem areas to convey this to our responding SERVPRO team can save time.
How Can Professional Restorers Clean Up the Mess?
Through both the mitigation and the restoration process, multiple tasks can recover your damaged structure. Cleaning up after a water emergency involves various phases utilizing dozens of tools and machines in our inventory. Ultimately, we can break down the restoration process into specific blocks:
- Extraction – Removing surface water in Canoga Park is almost always the initial actions taken during water loss incidents. Several tools can meet these criteria, but with the tile flooring throughout most of the school, submersible pumps, wet vacuums, and squeegee wands are often the ideal approaches.
- Drying – Drying can often be a generalized part of the restoration process, but it involves several steps happening in succession. Tools like air movers and dehumidifiers are the foundation of this effort, as they promote airflow and regulate humidity as evaporation occurs.
- Surface Cleaning – Residues and debris are a common obstacle for our SERVPRO professionals after drying. With chemical solvents and abrasive cleaning techniques, we can restore surfaces to their original appearance.
- Moisture Meters – We can double-check our efforts and ensure that we did not miss moisture pockets during our drying phase before finalizing restoration.
Does SERVPRO Do Repairs and Build Back?
With a team of in-house contractors, we can offer controlled demolitions for widespread water losses and replace several damaged fixtures and materials. With several areas and materials exposed to standing water before mitigation efforts occurred, several construction solutions might be necessary to make these losses "Like it never even happened." Some of these include:
- Plumbing Repairs – From replacing the broken fixture on the fire suppression system to a plumbing break in one of the block walls, these repairs allow the lines to get pressurized again and water service restored to the building as soon as possible.
- Ceiling Tile Replacement – Ceiling tiles are a typical installation in schools that can be damaged by sprinkler system malfunctions. Our contractors can replace these materials, which is often more cost-effective than attempting to dry saturated tiles.
- Carpet Reinstallation – Carpeted areas in the administration offices and performing arts areas can quickly absorb water damage and show clear signs of damage. Replacing these carpets is often the best approach to restoring the affected area as efficiently as possible.
No matter how severe water losses might be in your school, our SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills team can help. Contact us 24/7 at (818) 998-1500.
How Can I Save My West Hills Structure After a Flood?
A storm can cause more damage than you realize, call SERVPRO for assistance with your storm damage.
For Professional Assistance After You Suffer From Flood Damage in West Hills Call SERVPRO
After a thunderstorm strikes your West Hills neighborhood and you see significant rainfall, there is a good chance moisture can get into your house through your lower door seals or from groundwater rising. H2O entering your building can cause you several issues with your structure.
How does moisture negatively affect the structure of my house?
If you ever suffer from flood damage in West Hills, our SERVPRO technicians can help reduce the effects of moisture on your structural components. H2O can cause your structural components, building materials, and your possessions to lose integrity if they get saturated. Elevated moisture contents within organic materials like paper or wood can also cause mold growth. Since fungi can cause health effects, we always try to remove all of the moisture inside your building within a 24-hour period to inhibit fungal contamination.
What items need to get removed after they get wet?
- Insulation- Whenever the insulation that sits inside your walls and ceilings to keep your house warm retains water, the R-value of the material or its ability to hold in heat reduces. In most cases, it is much more cost-effective to remove and replace insulation than it is to try to save it. However, fiberglass insulation can be dried out in certain scenarios.
- Drywall: The sheetrock that makes up your walls can lose its structural integrity when it retains moisture and can get ruined. Since water follows gravity, it is usually the lower part of your drywall that gets damaged. If only the bottom sections of your drywall get saturated, then we can perform flood cuts, which means that we can remove your drywall a foot or two from your floor.
Flooding conditions can cause the building materials that make up your structure to weaken when they soak up moisture. If you ever think any of your structural components got wet, call SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills at (818) 998-1500.
Can You Help Remove Water from My Home After It Flooded?
With SERVPRO's Advanced Equipment--from Moisture Meters to Extractors and Dehumidifiers--We can restore your Canoga Park Home
When it Comes to Water Removal, SERVPRO Has the Techniques and Tools to Refresh Your Canoga Park Home
Water flowing throughout your interior after a pipe burst presents a variety of obstacles. Our team of fully-trained water restoration technicians (WRT) at SERVPRO not only arrives promptly to your home in Canoga Park, but we also have a specialized process and all the right tools for the job. We use a range of advanced techniques to remove water and ensure no moisture is left behind so that your interior is just “Like it never even happened.”
How Do You Address Water Cleanup?
We formulate a detailed plan for each project involving water removal in Canoga Park. Based on our initial assessment of the water loss, we select the right equipment and the best course of action to proceed. Some of the many options we have on our trucks to remove water include:
- Truck-Mounted Extractors – These are powerful 300psi pumps mounted on our vehicles that can handle the removal of hundreds to thousands of gallons of water.
- Submersible Pumps – These machines are not only efficient and fast but also operate quietly. As some of the most commonly used tools in our Green Fleet, they have powerful discharge and are very easy to set up.
- Wet Vacs – These wet vacuums are ideal for picking up where the submersible pumps leave off. The wet vac provides constant suction and easily remove the surface water so that our team can move onto the next phase of drying your interior.
How Long Will Drying Take?
The length of time necessary for adequately drying your home depends on the saturated materials and how long they have been exposed to moisture. We use a unique formula that tells us how many industrial-strength fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers we have to place in the loss zone to ramp up drying.
Water removal in your home is a task we are ready to take on at SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills. Call us at (818) 998-1500 to have a team deployed to your location 24/7 for emergency service.
There is Fire Damage in My Residence, Where Do I Get Help?
When fire damage happens, SERVPRO to the rescue. We are always on standby to restore your home.
Call SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to Restore Your West Hills Home After Fire Damage
A fire can start from any flame source and may get out of control, causing havoc in your West Hills home. Apart from the flames, the smoke emitted during a fire can continue creating problems. Another issue is the resulting water damage caused by the water used to extinguish the flames.
How does SERVPRO restore fire-damaged homes?
Fire damage in your West Hills home can be a significant problem because it can affect its structure, cause air quality problems, and lead to other issues like smoke damage. Our technicians can examine the damage and address issues like air quality and structural damage. We can remove the soot damaged items and debris. If there is water from firefighting efforts, we can use pumps to extract it. We also deep clean and deodorize affected homes.
Do I have to move out?
We consider the severity of the fire and smoke damage to determine if you should spend some nights at a hotel or other location. After a fire, the air quality may be reduced and may not allow you to remain in your house safely while our team is providing restoration services. If you have to leave your home, our team can perform a set of emergency procedures, including:
- Securing your home by performing a board up. Boarding up a house closes up openings caused by fire damage.
- Addressing electrical safety issues and restoring power to the house.
- Checking for any loss of integrity to structural components like roof trusses and floor joists.
- Restoring heat to the home if it is during the winter months.
Staying at a different location can give you a chance to remain safe during the restoration process. Make sure you retain all receipts because your insurance company can cover such costs. Your family's well-being is our priority, and our team can do its best to get you back in your residence as soon as it is safe.
How do you remove the smoke smell from a house?
SERVPRO has access to sophisticated deodorization equipment and products. We can use equipment like thermal foggers to remove the smell. We also use products such as odor counteracting beads to deal with smoke odors. Odor counteractants give off pleasant aromas to freshen up the areas we are restoring.
A fire can have a destructive effect on your home. Call SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills at (818) 998-1500 to clean up and restore your home quickly as possible.
More about West Hills.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Canoga Park, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills today at (818) 998-1500 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
What Qualifications Should I Look for When Hiring Flood Restoration Services?
Do you have a flood in your Canoga home? Call SERVPRO to mitigate your water filled domain.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certifications (IICRC) is a Nationally Recognized Body for Restoration Standard setting. IICRC Accreditation Supports a Responsible, Honest Restoration Service for Companies in the West Hills Area.
How long does it take for the restorer to visit my property after arranging a service?
Reporting flood damage in your West Hills home is known as notification of loss. Notification of loss is essential to start restoration proceedings, and, until provided, there is a chance that the situation may become increasingly severe and time-consuming to restore. Once we receive the notification of loss, we can begin to put together the equipment, technicians, and crew chiefs that we need to recover flood losses at your home. We understand that quick call-out times are essential to reducing the amount of damage that a flood causes. SERVPRO promises to arrive at your property within four hours of notification of loss to begin emergency mitigation and services. At times, this may not be possible.
What can I do to secure a flooded property before technicians arrive?
- Prioritize personal safety above trying to prevent losses at all times
- Shut off power to the property thoroughly. Power can lead to fusing, electrical fires or circuit breaks
- Avoid using the plumbing system altogether. Shut and seal doors to rooms with open sewer points like kitchens, shower rooms, and bathrooms
- Gather essential items should you need to relocate from the property temporarily. These items could include identification documents, driving licenses, medicines or insurance paperwork
- Avoid close contact with floodwaters, which can contain high levels of contamination. Be aware that sewer gases, bacteria, and viruses can be present in floodwaters and are harmful to ingest or inhale.
How can I deal with building materials after contaminated water intrusion?
Blackwater intrusion can spread throughout your home, affecting carpets, walls, as well as furniture. In most situations, the restoration requirement is to remove any materials that make direct contact with the water. This can include the lower parts of the walls, including the baseboard. We may need to detach carpets and discard them as well as performing substantial disinfecting of the floor and subfloor. When we perform the invasive restoration, which involves removing building material, we document it in digital inventories to pass onto your insurer. However, we always try to salvage contents and building materials whenever possible.
How can I remove and dispose of building materials properly?
- Wear correct personal protective equipment including respiration masks to avoid ingesting dust or gases
- Inspect building materials for signs of cross-contamination. Items in direct contact with water are contaminated.
- Isolate sections of the building material and remove them up to two feet above the last water contact point
- Place contaminated materials into double sealable polyethylene waste bags
- Remove the offending items from the property.
- Pack the items onto a transport and dispose of them at a waste facility
Is the reinstallation of building materials covered within the cost of my claim?
Your insurer should cover the cost of your restoration from start to finish. Most policies stipulate that homeowners need to take adequate precautions to mitigate harm. However, in the case of a blackwater flooding situation, it is unlikely that the reinstallation of building materials is not included in your claim. SERVPRO water restoration technicians can begin to reinstall drywall, sheetrock, insulation, and other materials once dry out procedure is complete. We are not an insurance company and can only comments that may help your claims process.
Can I turn off drying equipment or open windows in the area where they are set up?
Ensuring that the drying process is efficient means controlling as many variables as possible. SERVPRO technicians may decide that the quickest method of drying an area is by using a closed system. Closed-system drying involves sealing a space from outdoor air and using dehumidification equipment to remove moisture from the environment. A closed-system drying process can take several days before we can remove equipment. By opening windows or shutting off equipment, you are slowing down the drying process and bringing in unknown variables that could lengthen the restoration. SERVPRO technicians return to a property regularly to measure drying effectiveness and ensure your property gets back to its preloss condition as quickly as possible.
Is your drying equipment going to increase my electricity bill?
Drying a property can help to limit secondary damages like mold growth. However, drying does take time, and in many cases, we may have to leave it overnight. We are always investing in eco-efficient drying equipment that does not use more power than necessary. However, we do need to use your mains electricity to power the equipment over several days. Some insurance providers do include this cost in your claim. SERVPRO calculates the electricity used during drying and can pass on the estimated cost of electricity to your insurer at your request.
Recovering a property from floodwater intrusion can be complicated and frustrating. Contact SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills at (818) 998-1500 for a professional solution.
What High-Tech Tools Do Commercial Water Removal Services in Canoga Park Use?
Water damage can be quite overwhelming. Contact our knowledgeable SERVPRO team when your home is affected.
The Commercial Water Removal Industry Has Advanced Greatly and Currently Employs Numerous New State-Of-The-Art Tools to Perform its Services.
When a person thinks about water removal services, they rarely imagine them as being “high-tech.” They often think this work is simplistic and merely concerns vacuuming up standing water in fairly conventional ways. Moreover, people often think that such services are quite limited in their drying methods and ability to preserve or restore affected structures and items. However, this is not the case in reality. The industry has advanced dramatically and water removal companies like SERVPRO in Canoga Park have a veritable arsenal of high-tech commercial-grade equipment to resolve even the biggest, most difficult water-related jobs.
What Technologically Advanced, Commercial-Grade Equipment Does SERVPRO Use?
When performing commercial water removal in Canoga Park, more powerful extractors and dehumidifiers are often necessary. These tools are needed to ensure that these big jobs can be completed quickly and effectively. They also help maintain interior climates so that further damage to structures and contents is prevented or mitigated. SERVPRO uses the following advanced equipment to handle major commercial projects:
- Industrial-strength truck-mounted extractors
- Low-grain refrigerant (LGR) dehumidifiers
- Large trailer-mounted desiccant dehumidifiers
Using this hardware, our technicians in Canoga Park can quickly vacuum up vast amounts of standing water, remove more moisture from the air in much shorter periods of time, and speed up the overall drying process.
What Exactly Does This High-Tech Hardware Do?
Our truck-mounted extractors are relatively complex and consist of a vacuum, engine, water pump, chemical pump, and heating system. They can extract water and debris and clean your interiors with heated water and detergent. LGR dehumidifiers have a double cooling system that condenses large amounts of moisture out of the air, even below forty grains/pound. Trailer-mounted dehumidifiers, using wheels coated with silica gel and other adsorbents, attract enormous amounts of moisture from incoming air and then release it into the out-going airstream. These large appliances rapidly reduce the humidity ratio and water vapor pressure, and maintain an environment conducive to drying.
When disaster strikes your business, call SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills at (818) 998-1500 for help.
Click here for more information about Canoga Park.
Will My Flood Damaged Home Ever Get Back to Normal?
SERVPRO is removing the contaminated carpets from the storm damage
SERVPRO Helps Canoga Park Residents Restore their Homes with Professional Flood Extraction Techniques
Groundwater flooding can wreak havoc in your Canoga home , including your interior should the water infiltrate. Standing water puts a great deal of pressure on your walls, but there is also the potential of contamination. This is why it is essential to call in the help of trained professionals. We have the skills and all of the latest advancements in technology to restore your home to preloss condition.
What Can You Do to Help Lessen Flood Damage to My Home?
Once you call us at SERVPRO to help with your flood extraction in Canoga Park, we send out a team to get started. We begin by evaluating your home to help determine the level of destruction, which allows us to come up with a viable plan for drying all impacted areas. With one phone call, you can expect:
• A rapid response
• A written estimate that is always fair, fast, and accurate
• IICRC-certified professionals ready to get to work on your extraction and restoration
• High-quality restoration work that brings your home back to pre-flood loss condition
What are Pack Out Services?
In certain water damage and flooding situations, it is best to store the contents of your home away from your property while extraction and restoration go on. Separate storage is often helpful to mitigate against the potential for further loss as our team works to restore your interior and the structure of your home. Our technicians take a detailed inventory of all of your possessions, including their condition as well as the rooms where they belong. What this does is ensure you are covered should there be any damages in transit.
Can I Save My Carpets?
Wet carpeting from floodwater can pose a potential health hazard due to the contaminants within. Our team knows how to determine whether or not your carpet can be cleaned and dried or if it should be replaced. In the majority of flood situations, the wet carpet and padding below must be removed, and the subfloor needs special attention to dry thoroughly. Once the carpet is saturated, it often loses backing, becomes delaminated, and becomes a prime source for foul, musty odors. This removal allows us to dry the wooden materials and prevent fungal growth from developing.
What Happens After Extraction Is Complete?
Once the water is removed from your home, our trained technicians strategically place high-powered drying equipment to maximize results. Some of the drying equipment we use for water loss events include:
• Industrial strength axial fans
• Air movers
These tools listed are excellent for maintaining airflow for optimal drying of your walls, flooring, furnishings, and other areas.
If the water has infiltrated behind walls and baseboards, we employ the use of structural drying equipment. This equipment helps us to force air in and out of wall cavities, as well as other areas that are hard to reach. This equipment has the high-pressure capability to overcome air delivery system restrictions for spaces that are tight, and moisture often gets trapped. We also have several attachments available that allow us to manipulate, filter, and redirect the air.
Will There Be a Damp, Musty Smell After Restoration is Complete?
Our team does everything possible to eliminate the potential for odor development after flood extraction is complete. In any case that calls for deodorization, we may use different tools to help, including:
• Air filtration devices (AFD)
• Air scrubbers
• Thermal fogging, and more
These tools are necessary to not only eliminate odors but to also improve the air quality throughout your home. AFDs work to control air contaminants and are most effective with a layering of the filters. Primary filter layers grab large debris and particles. The secondary layer, like our Odor-Cleanz filter, has a high capture rate. For the final layer, there is a HEPA filter that has the power to remove roughly 99.97% of the contaminants and particles from the air.
Why Do I Need Professional Flood Restoration Services?
A flood situation can leave behind immense devastation that traditional DIY methods cannot touch. Hiring trained and IICRC-certified technicians get you the prompt service and tried-and-true methods necessary to not only restore your interior but also to ensure your structure is sound. SERVPRO works to remove water quickly to minimize loss, but we also ensure that your building foundation is not left to degrade and use measures to inhibit mold growth.
When working on any category three water loss, which includes muddy floodwaters, our technicians go the extra mile to ensure no harmful contaminants of bacteria overtake your home. Porous materials are appropriately disposed of, and all surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Everything is sanitized before getting the seal of approval from our crew chief for you to resume life as usual.
Call SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills at (818) 998-1500 when you need us for professional flood extraction. We are available 24/7 for fire and water cleanup and restoration when you need it.
Do You Know How to Remediate Fire Damage in West Hills?
SERVPRO knows how to restore fire damaged homes. Call us today!
Count on SERVPRO Restoration Services After Fire Damage in Your West Hills Home
Whenever you suffer a fire loss in your home, the impact becomes much worse if effects begin to spread throughout the structure. It may be possible to contain a building fire to one area of the home, but open pathways and traffic throughout after the loss tend to bring smoke, soot, and other odors into other rooms. To prevent such cross-contamination, our team at SERVPRO executes the most cost-efficient and practical plan to tackle damage recovery.
After our skilled technicians arrive at the scene, we work to reduce the amount of cross-contamination in your home after fire damage in West Hills. The crew chief initiates a walkthrough to scope the damage, and then the plan for restoration is formulated. Our SERVPRO team wears shoe coverings to keep smoke and soot residue from being tracked throughout unsoiled areas. We make all efforts to ensure our recovery work is as efficient as possible.
It is vital to cut down on the infiltration of soot and smoke by putting up containment barriers in strategic areas throughout your home. Plastic sheeting creates temporary walls to keep odors, contaminants, and aerosolized soot particles from getting into unexposed regions of the house. Proper containment zones help prevent these elements from spreading. Still, they also act as areas for our skilled technicians to store dirty equipment or remove soiled clothing until the restoration project is complete.
Should your home’s structure be compromised, we focus on preparing different zones for controlled deconstruction and renovation. Within this phase, our SERVPRO team avoids soiling unaffected areas by cleaning wherever possible before our trusted construction partners arrive to work on the remodeling and repairs after the fire loss.
We understand how crucial it is to inhibit further damage from soot and smoke after your home suffers fire damage. Our trained teams know how to plan out work areas so that your project goes off without a hitch. Call us today at SERVPRO of Canoga Park/West Hills at (818) 998-1500 to have a team deployed to your home to make it “Like it never even happened.”
More about West Hills.
What Can I Do About Water Damage to My Canoga Park Living Room Carpet?
Drying carpet is tricky. We have the equipment and training to handle all of your water damage restoration needs.
SERVPRO Technicians Can Eliminate Water and Salvage Soaked Carpet in Your Canoga Park Residence
Water damage can be sudden and stressful for homeowners. All it takes is a pinhole leak in a pipe under your living room floor to saturate the carpet above. It is crucial to have a professional take care of extraction to prevent mold growth or subflooring damage.
When your Canoga Park residence needs water damage cleanup, SERVPRO techs are available 24/7 to mitigate damage and restore your home to its preloss condition. These restoration pros are trained in the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards so that you can expect a high standard of clean every time.
Dealing With Water-Damaged Carpet & Pad
- The padding under carpet absorbs water like a sponge but is usually restorable if only part of the carpeting has been wet for less than 48 hours.
- Limiting foot traffic over the affected area is crucial. Too much walking on wet carpeting can cause it to delaminate or separate from its backing. Latex carpet backing typically returns to its original strength once dry.
- Washing machines often clean small throw rugs using hot water and a biocide like chlorine bleach. However, this amount of bleach can affect the color of the rug. For standard capacity washers, use one cup of bleach per load.
SERVPRO's Extraction Tools Restore Your Living Room
SERVPRO techs use a variety of tools to remove water from your carpet. The extraction process requires time and care and is hundreds of times more efficient for water removal than structural drying equipment. We use portable extractors, large rubber suction pads, rovers, and polyethylene drying chambers to ensure the restoration of your carpet and pads. SERVPRO can also evaluate your subflooring for water damage and dry it.
SERVPRO of Canoga Park / West Hills wants to ensure that your home looks, "Like it never even happened." You can call (818) 998-1500 for a mitigation service that starts within hours of your initial contact.
More about Canoga Park.